Last night my husband and I (along with 2 of our equally
insane ambitious friends) registered for the Goofy Race and a Half Challenge in January 2010. It’s a plan that has been brewing for some time now, but we decided to keep it a secret until it was official. (Sorry, I’ve been holding out on you!)
Are you looking for the ultimate test of endurance? Then compete in Goofy’s Race and a Half Challenge where you will run the Half Marathon on Saturday and then the Marathon on Sunday. If you finish both races in the time limit* you will be awarded the coveted Goofy medal.
2010 is gonna be a great year for racing, cause the whole gang will be celebrating the 5th anniversary of Goofy’s Race and a Half Challenge.It will be a momentous occasion of, well uh…Goofy proportions. Plan now to take the challenge and be part of a weekend you’re never gonna forget!
*Time limit is 3.5 hours for the half and 7 hours for the full, or 16 minute miles.
obscenely expensive $285 registration plus $19 processing fee includes:
• Race Registration for both the Half Marathon and Marathon
• Official Race Handbook
• Commemorative Champion® Race Tech Shirt for Marathon, Half Marathon and Goofy’s Race and a Half Challenge
• Specially themed KODAK single use camera
• Goody Bag
• Disney’s Health & Fitness Expo including our world-class Speaker Series
• Event Weekend Transportation for ALL Walt Disney World® Resort Hotels
• Special Goofy Personalized Bibs
• On Course Refreshments
• On Course Disney Entertainment
• Post-Race Refreshments
• Family Reunion Area with live entertainment and characters
• Post-Race Celebration
• Post-Race web site with direct access to your race photos, results and custom finisher certificate
• All runners who complete both the Half Marathon and Marathon will receive the special Goofy medal in addition to the Mickey and Donald medals from the individual events!
• Disney magic you won’t find anywhere else!
358 days to go!