I made a last minute decision to add on a couple of miles last night by running to/from our weekly clinic session instead of driving. It was a good way to shake out the legs and I got a light stretch in between because our guest speaker was a Yoga for Runners instructor.
This morning I set out for a nice recovery run as planned, 10K in just under an hour.
Let’s talk FOOD! I’m deep in marathon training mode and you know what that means… all I want to do is EAT!
Ten things I love to eat during marathon training:
1. smoothies with greek yogurt, banana, frozen mixed fruit and lots of spinach – post-run recovery drink! (but my blender is not working at the moment! CATASTROPHE!)
2. olive oil pasta with sautéed bell peppers, zucchini, red onion,baby tomatoes and spinach; add some grilled chicken and fresh parmesan – Saturday night dinner!
3. chickpea and quinoa salad with whatever veggies need to be used up – awesome work lunch!
4. turkey sub on honey oat, loaded with veggies, sweet onion sauce – I love my Subway
5. chocolate milk – okay, not a food, but MUST to be mentioned!
6. Kashi cereal with yogurt – weekday breakfast!
7. GU!! (is that food?)
8. bagel w/ peanut butter and nutella – long run breakfast of choice!
9. omelet with extra egg whites, veggies and feta – breakfast # 2 on long run day!
10. Rice Works Brown Rice Crisps – mmmmm, munchies!
TAG, you’re it!!! (first comment on each of my last three posts):
My first race shirt:
The unfortunately ill-fitted:
The unfortunately see-through:
My faves: (sorry for the blur)
My Disney shirts, which are unfortunately too big:
A few other randoms – one more City Chase shirt to be added tomorrow!
Now let’s see your race shirts!
Have a great weekend!