10 x 800 last night!!! No easy feat. I was bonking after the 7th, but managed to hang on and finish up the last three with some coercion from my buddies. Average was slightly slower overall than 8×800 last week, but you know me… I have my
excuses reasons ready to go:
- first day of TOTM (sorry guys) – feeling uggggh
- this is a huge training week… it’s normal to feel tired
- didn’t eat enough; finished running at 8:40 and no dinner!
- we don’t run on a track, but in a residential area (see below)… sharp turns, cars, uneven roads and an uphill home stretch!
- it was dark for the majority of our run – makes it difficult to run fast on roads with traffic and other obstacles (potholes, etc.)
All that being said, I feel pretty good about it. 10 x 800 is no joke!
3:46 – starting on the slow side
3:40 – feeling okay so far
3:44 – ooof, my stomach hurts
3:39 – how many more???
3:39 – okay, half way there!
3:41 – are you sure this isn’t number 8?
3:32 – this is when I really wanted to quit
3:40 – just hold on…
3:36 – … for dear life
3:44 – no kick for the finish this time
Average – 3:40/800
As of this week (after Tuesday’s run, to be precise), I have officially surpassed my total mileage for the entire year of 2009: 1422 miles/2288 KM.
After last night’s run, my current mileage for 2010 is: 1444.6 miles/2924.9 KM. Insane! Running 4 marathons this year might have something to do with that. Speaking of which…
Today marks one month until the Goodlife Toronto Marathon – my 6th! Training recap/thoughts and race goals coming soon.
To mark the occasion, a couple of photos from my first marathon back in September 2008 (Race Report). I will never forget that day.