After a very mild weekend, we had quite the cold snap yesterday!
That’s 7F “feels like” –14F in ‘merican, a.k.a. FREEZING FREAKING COLD.
I seriously questioned my judgment as I set out for a mid-day run, but I was determined to get my daily sweat (can you even sweat in those temperatures?) and Vitamin D. I also knew that an easy run would do wonders to shake out my sore and stiff legs from the weekend.
It was biting, bone-chilling cold from the moment I stepped out the door. I definitely hadn’t packed enough clothes; with one layer on the bottom and two on top, my skin stung the entire time. My core wrmed up reasonably once I got going… until I turned into the wind.
Thoughts going through my mind:
- I must be nuts
- Who does this “for fun”?
- Treadmill is not looking so bad
- I must be seriously nuts.
- Should have worn my winter jacket.
- Can’t feel my face.
- It’s going to be a long winter.
- There are not enough clothes in the world for this.
- Why is everyone looking at me like I’m crazy?
Dec. 11 – run (6.8), Bootcamp (4) = 10.8
Dec. 12 – run (16.8)
Dec. 13 – run (5), F&V (1) = 6