This is one of those times where I really need a weekend to recover from my weekend. Here’s a quick summary before I have a chance to write the actual recap…
- Fri 5pm – drove to meet Geodee and wait for our friend L to arrive
- talked bikes and did my measurements for fun in the meantime
- ~2.5h drive to Kingston to spend the night with L’s family – didn’t get to bed til midnight
- Sat 6am wake up to hit the road for border crossing and drive to Syracuse
- 10am arrived at race hotel to meet the rest of our posse – registered, shopped at expo, race meeting, etc.
- 1pm – checked into hotel, then drove all over to find agreeable lunch for all athletes/children (no easy task!)
- 3pm – arrive at race site to check in bikes and scope things out. we wanted to swim but weren’t allowed in the water.
- 6pm – back at hotel to get organized for the morning
- 7pm – mandatory shopping trip to Target
- 8:30pm – late dinner; this time we did not agree and went to two different restaurants.
- 9:30pm – back at hotel to finish laying things out
- 10pm – into bed only to discover that our roommate snores like a jet engine and there was a rowdy wedding after-party going on next door. NO SLEEP
- 4am – wake up, pack up, check out
- 5am – drive to race site and bundle up because it’s freeeeeezing
- 7am – race starts! super exciting!!
- 11:45am – my turn to run… stay tuned
- race, race, race, cheer, cheer, cheer, eat, eat, eat
- 5pm – in the car to head home
- 11pm – home
ANYWAY, here’s the training recap for last week:
Monday – bike
Hopped on the new trainer for an easy shake-out spin.
15.0KM – 35:25 – 25.4 kph (15.8 mph)
Tuesday – run x 2 +
5am run with the gang. With a half marathon coming up on the weekend, I wanted to keep the intensity lighter and tagged along on the other girls’ paces for a progression run. Added on a little distance before and after.
18.4KM (11.4mi) – 1:46:25 – 5:46/KM (9:16/mi)
6.7KM (4.2mi) – 35:10 – 5:14/KM (8:25/mi)
We had planned to swim that night (9pm) but I was extremely tired and not feeling so good after work. I felt like I was fighting something and opted to go to bed early instead.
34.2KM (21.2mi) – 1:17:36 – 26.4 kph (16.4 mph)
I originally planned to run off the bike when I got to the office, but I was cold and just didn’t feel like it, so I decided I would run at lunch instead when it was much warmer.
8.1KM (5.0mi) – 45:01 – 5:32/KM (8:54/mi)
I hopped on the treadmill for a short run after work just to test it out. It felt great, but we really need to hook up the TV downstairs!
4.0KM (2.5mi) – 22:33 – 5:38/KM (9:04/mi)
Then to the pool for an easy swim…
17.6KM (10.9mi) – 1:33:47 – 5:19/KM (8:33/mi)
8K (5mi) MRP/tempo @ 4:50/KM (7:46/mi)
Friday – run
Slept in and missed meeting my buddies, but managed to put in a recovery run before work anyway.
10.0KM (6.2mi) – 1:00:19 – 6:01/KM (9:41/mi)
Saturday – rest
travel, shopping, race prep, expo, etc. – all sorts of awesome as listed above
|with geodee at the race expo! excited much??|
Sunday – run
21.1KM (13.1mi) – 1:43:49 – 4:55/KM (7:54/mi)
Total Run Distance: 85.9 KM (53.4 mi)
Total Bike Distance: 49.2 KM (30.6 mi)
Definitely a lot lighter on cycling and swimming, but my tris are over for the season and I have a marathon coming up SOON so that has to be the priority. I can’t risk over-extending myself to fit everything in. I’ll be playing it by ear for the remainder of this training cycle and fitting in a ride or swim when I can, but not stressing when I can’t.