Is it really Monday already??
- I’m still working away on the switch to WordPress. It’s a bit of a long and tedious process, but it will be worth it in the end. Many thanks to those on WP who have been answering my endless questions! And for those who asked, yes I would be happy to write up a how-to post from my own [limited!] experience once all is said and done. I hope to go live this week and will be looking for some feedback!
- My off-season “training” has been going really well. I’m enjoying the freedom of not having a schedule and have been generally running 5 days (6 runs), swimming twice and cycling twice. I even managed to get outside for a bike ride over the weekend on a brisk but sunny November day.
- I made a new friend! Let’s call her LW. Geodee ‘introduced’ us when she moved to my area recently and joined my swim group. After trying to connect for weeks, we finally met on Friday and hit it off. She came out to run on Sunday too. I’m super excited to have a new training buddy to swim, bike and run with! I hope Geodee is not too jealous that I’m totally stealing his “swim wife.”
- I made a super yummy Chickpea Potpie over the weekend that I found on The Great Balancing Act. Healthy comfort food – yes please! You will likely see it featured as leftovers on WIAW.
- Speaking of which… it seems I’ve been posting a lot of vegetarian meals lately and a few people have asked if I’ve gone meatless. In fact, I have not. I am definitely a meat-eater, but I don’t love preparing meat – vegetarian meals are often easier and cheaper, which is why I’ve been eating more of them lately.
- My partner in crime Kevin and I have been chatting about our clinic starting in January – time to start putting together a great training plan and discussion topics/guest speakers to get us through our winter training. We’re fortunate that Coach Don has spent years building a program that clearly works and we are certainly not looking to re-invent the wheel – however, it never hurts to shake things up a bit and bring some new things to the mix.
- I recently surpassed 2000 miles for the year without even noticing. Oops! Some of you may remember that I ran exactly 2010 miles in 2010 and so far I am at 2069 (3330 KM) for 2011. Since there are no obvious milestones to work towards now as we finish out the year, I guess I will just keep on running. 🙂
I guess that’s it for now. Have a great day!