Tall Mom tagged me to play along and share 21 random bits & pieces that you may not know about me.
1. I’ve lived within about a 10 mile radius my entire life, in 6 different homes (3 with my family, 3 with hubs). It would take a lot for me to move away; I love it here.
2. I am terrified of flying, but that doesn’t stop me from travelling. This year I learned that Ativan helps.
3. The biggest prize I ever won was a one-week trip to London from a radio station in 2007. I took my Mom.
4. I’ve never touched a cigarette in my life, but every one of my immediate family members, and their significant others, smoke – against my protestations! I would give anything for them to quit.
5. I worry about my family all the time.
6. My worst habit is biting my nails.
7. Hubs and I first met in our grade 10 calculus class. We recently discovered (through Facebook!) that the secretary at our physiotherapist’s office is married to that math teacher.
8. I often have a strong desire to shave my head – one day I will do it!
9. I change out of my work clothes the instant I get home every single day. I’m comfortable enough all day, but when I walk in the door I suddenly find them intolerable.
10. We recently cancelled our home phone and decided to stick with just cell phones. I had a mild panic attack when we first cut it off, but we have not missed it. And I only tried to make a call from the disconnected handset once.
11. I have only ever had 3 job interviews (and 3 jobs) in my life.
12. I can’t be bothered to blow-dry my hair 90% of the time; I leave the house with wet hair almost every day, even in the winter. That’s what hats are for.
13. I wish I liked seafood, but I just don’t. Sometimes I will eat fresh fish from the lake when we’re camping, because somehow it doesn’t taste as “fishy”.
14. I hate the taste of coffee and that includes coffee-flavoured desserts.
15. My lucky/favourite number is 13, probably because of my Birthday. I love when it falls on Friday the 13th!
16. I am not superstitious.
17. I could watch Friends reruns all day long, but I don’t enjoy Seinfeld and I can’t stand The Simpsons.
18. I always used to sleep like a rock from the time my head hit the pillow until my alarm went off, and never remembered any dreams. Over the past year or so I have started waking up a couple times per night and remembering all kinds of dreams. I must be sleeping lighter in my old age. 🙂
19. I am a freak about clutter and tend to put things away without even thinking about it – sometimes when they are still in use. I also have a very hard time sitting down to a meal without cleaning up the kitchen first.
20. I’m very particular about the way the dishwasher is loaded.
21. I don’t like pumpkin pie. (Happy Thanksgiving!) Actually, I’m not much of a pie person in general. Except peanut butter pie. Other than that, pass the cupcakes please!
I’m tagging the people who commented on yesterday’s post:
I was “supposed” to tag 10 and that’s only 9, so consider yourself tagged if you’d like to play along!