I haven’t participated in Jenn‘s weekly food party for far too long. Here we go with a peak at a day’s worth of yummies.
- breakfast: tea and steel cut oats with walnuts and chia seeds
- snack: apple and hard-boiled egg
- lunch: quinoa with brussels sprouts and butternut squash
- snacks: grapes, diet coke, (pre-workout) festive Clif Bar
- dinner: gnocchi with turkey sausage, zucchini, peppers, onions, tomato sauce, goat cheese
- snack: pop chips with puppy photo bomb
That reminds me, I had a few requests for the butternut squash recipe shown in my last post. Here it is: (Sorry, the gnocchi is not home made!)
1. Heat 2 tsp olive oil over medium heat.
2. Add one small chopped onion and one minced garlic clove. Cook 1 minute or until fragrant.
3. Add 2 cups butternut squash chunks, 14.5 oz chicken broth, 1.5 tsp fresh chopped sage, 1/2 tsp pepper, 1/4 tsp salt and 1/8 tsp nutmeg.
4. Cook and stir until squash is very tender, about 15 minutes. Then cool 15 minutes.
5. Cream mixture in blender or food processor. Then return mixture to pan.
6. Add 2 cups fresh spinach and 3/4 cup ricotta cheese and cook on low until heated through.
7. Add cooked gnocchi to sauce, sprinkle with fresh parmesan and enjoy!